Workshop: Introduction to Hypnotherapy and Self-Hypnosis
Would you like to know more about hypnosis but are worried that you wouldn’t be in control? Have you heard about some of the amazing benefits of hypnotherapy, but are not sure if it’s for you? Are you worried that you cannot be hypnotised or concerned about what will happen if you are?
We all experience a state of trance in the course of a typical day, often while performing habits like brushing our teeth or driving on ‘autopilot’. Hypnotherapy is a way of using this natural state to make changes in behaviour.
Hypnosis can be used to:
- change a habit or pattern
- access more useful ‘states of being’ such as confidence
- create a physical change such as reducing chronic pain
- prepare your body to heal faster such as after illness or surgery
- create another outcome that is unique to you
In these fun, interactive sessions you’ll discover more about hypnosis, hypnotherapy and self-hypnosis and experience first-hand what a trance feels like in a safe environment. You’ll learn self-hypnosis skills and techniques that can enhance your wellbeing and help you empower your life.
What is Hypnosis?
Hypnosis is a state of deep relaxation. Once you are in a relaxed state, your subconscious mind is ready to accept positive suggestions and is free to come up with the perfect solution to change the behaviours you want to change.
Together we can focus on controlling IBS, gaining confidence, losing weight, managing menopause, and calming stress. Using a combination of therapies and techniques, I can help you make the changes you want in your life.
What is Hypnotherapy?
In very simple terms, hypnosis can be described as the act of guiding someone into a hypnotic state of the trance. Whereas hypnotherapy is the name of the therapeutic version in which hypnosis is used, often with a combination of other therapies such as talking therapy or mindfulness, to help you make a positive change.
Hypnosis is defined as an altered trance state, typically this may be characterised by very deep relaxation, highly focused attention, and an extreme openness to suggestions which are usually positive and foster positive therapeutic changes.
It’s important to note that a hypnotic trance is not necessarily therapeutic on its own. In fact, you naturally go into a trance several times a day. For example, have you ever driven a journey you know well, only to find you suddenly arrive, and you can’t remember the last 20 minutes? You got there safely, yet you are not sure exactly sure how you got there. You were driving on autopilot – you experienced an altered, hypnotic state!
This natural trance state is just like when you are just beginning to fall asleep and are in a dreamy and drowsy state – aware but not completely focused. Just focused enough to have a simple conversation but not enough to remember talking at all. Again this is a natural trance.
When used for therapeutic approaches, specific suggestions and images given to people in a trance can alter their behaviour in a positive manner. When in this state of hypnosis, you are more inclined to permanent change and more likely to be successful in making the lasting changes you desire. This is because all lasting changes happen in your subconscious mind.
Fascinating, isn’t it?
Introduction to Hypnotherapy and Self-Hypnosis
Join me for these fun interactive workshops and discover the amazing benefits of hypnosis and hypnotherapy for yourself.
In session one:
- Understand what hypnotherapy and self-hypnosis is
- Debunk common hypnosis myths
- Discover how you can use the power of hypnosis and deep states of self-hypnosis to improve your personal wellbeing
- Learn auto-hypnosis techniques that you can practise at home
In session two:
- Understand emotional intelligence
- Discover how emotional intelligence helps you manage painful emotions and how you can use it to change unwanted emotions into a more productive state of mind
- Discover how to create a positive state of mind (otherwise known as a ‘resource state’) and be able to access this state whenever you need to.
- Learn a technique to build a strong emotional foundation for healthy interaction
In session three:
- Understand how resource states for a positive state of mind are created
- Discover how to use hypnosis to develop an inner confidence
- Learn how to build confidence and how to apply it to any aspect of your life
In session four:
- Understand how your thoughts affect how you feel
- Discover the gift of now
- Learn how to shift your awareness and create valuable resource states in the present
- Learn how to apply this technique to every aspect of your life for personal success
Supporting handouts and practise MP3s are also included.
This Introduction to Hypnotherapy and Self-Hypnosis is perfect for anyone who is curious about hypnotherapy and would like to experience a hypnotic trance in a safe supportive environment. If you would like a more personalised approach to help you change a habit or behaviour, contact Katina to arrange your free discovery call. You can read more about self-hypnosis here. If you would like to know more about my full training Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy then click here to request my prospectus.
Other Training Courses and Workshops
Discover more about my other Hypnotherapy training courses and workshops:
For an overview of my training courses and workshops click here.
2-hour Hypnosis Taster session
Weekend course Certificate in Hypnosis
Workshop: Healing from within the Womb
Workshop: Introduction to Past Life Regression
Hypnotherapy is effective in helping adults, children, and young people with a variety of issues and can help improve your self-esteem. In addition to providing Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy training and workshops, I offer personalised Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy programmes to help with anxiety, stress, insomnia, depression, and more. Hypnotherapy appointments are available in person in Norwich and Lowestoft and also online.